Re: Finding packages to enable by default

From: Alex Schroeder
Subject: Re: Finding packages to enable by default
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 12:07:11 +0000 (UTC)

Alex Schroeder <alex <at> gnu.org> writes:

> Tom <adatgyujto <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> > [...] the results can be summarized and those of these packages
> > which are enabled by, say, 75% of the users, should be enabled by
> > default in emacs.
>
> The Survey on Emacs Wiki has reached close to 100 people.
> When will we close it? There's no point in letting it run
> for too long, I think.

I keep wondering: When is the survey on the wiki going to be stopped? We now
have 119 people more or less that answered it.  Is Jambunathan going to
close it and report the results?

I guess I have a vague fear of there being no point: people keep adding
their votes, but it never gets reported back to emacs-devel, nobody uses it
to argue in favor of enabling a particular package by default, and so on. If
the entire discussion and the survey will only result in column-number-mode
being enabled by default, I'll be disappointed.