Re: Finding packages to enable by default

From: Tom
Subject: Re: Finding packages to enable by default
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2013 17:15:37 +0000 (UTC)

Richard Stallman <rms <at> gnu.org> writes:

> Using Google Docs requires running nonfree software.
> (It is Javascript software that comes in the web pages.)
> That is an unethical system.
>
> We must not ask people to use Google Docs.

People don't have to use Google Docs. The web form is a regular HTML
form which works without Javascript, so users can submit their data
without JS and no login is required either to submit the form.

I have to use Google web services for my work anyway, so I can export
the data as text from the spreadsheet when enough data is received and
then make the resulting CSV file available somewhere.