info files

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: info files
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2013 11:30:24 +0900

Stephen Berman writes:

 > But now when I run make, no info files are built.

This sounds like a bug to me (I would think a plain make should update
info files).  But perhaps you need to do a bootstrap to get the info
target made?

 > They are built by running `make info', which creates info/ in the
 > source directory and populates it.  So I suppose the next time I
 > update the branch I'll get a conflict again

Nope, as Andreas explained, you won't ever notice this again.

You can trust Bazaar to get this right.  In fact, ignoring the
directory is simply a convenience to prevent bzr from nagging you
about the "new" object created by Make (just like it's a convenience
for any build product).

If you have an existing branch old enough to still have the info
directory that you want to merge, no problem as long as the info
directory contains no unmerged changes.  bzr will merge the delete
operation for you.  Only if you have an old branch that contains
changes to the info directory that never made it to trunk will you get
a conflict.  But this is a "real" conflict that you need to resolve.