Re: PROPOSAL: Move to git, now that bzr is no longer a req.

From: Mitchel Humpherys
Subject: Re: PROPOSAL: Move to git, now that bzr is no longer a req.
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2014 13:30:03 -0800

On Thu, Jan 02 2014 at 07:56:34 AM, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
> Karl Fogel <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Does anyone think we should stay on bzr, or choose a VCS other than
>> git?
>
> +1 for using Git.

+1

I recently submitted my first (trivial) patch to Emacs. It was painful
enough to deter me from making a few other changes that I've wanted to
make recently... In contrast, I shoot off "drive-by" patches to
third-party Elisp projects about once a week because it's dead simple
with Git. I know that I could become proficient in bzr with a little
effort but it's just not worth the time investment since there are only
2 or 3 projects that I care about using bzr, while everyone else is
using git.

--
Mitch