Re: Witness computation - minor breakage in the build system

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Witness computation - minor breakage in the build system
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 11:22:14 -0800

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
How else would you trigger refresh of loaddefs.el?

I'd have it depend on the files that were last used
to generate loaddefs.el.  The list of such files
could be computed automatically, when generating
loaddefs.el, and the list could be shipped as part
of the Emacs tarball so that the process would work
even for people not using a version control system,
or who have imported Emacs into some other version
control system.

It shouldn't be that hard, though we should not
be installing this sort of change during a feature
freeze.