Re: trunk r116610: Fix docstring typos.

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: trunk r116610: Fix docstring typos.
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2014 05:08:39 +0100

On Sun, Mar 2, 2014 at 4:10 AM, Glenn Morris <address@hidden> wrote:

> I don't agree with the (IMO tenuous) distinction that you are trying to
> make.

Well, I don't find it tenuous at all. A docstring, for example, that
says "When the buffer is in `foo-mode' do that" does not make much
sense. The buffer cannot be in foo-mode, it can be in Foo mode, which
is activated by function foo-mode.

But I'm neither able nor wanting to impose my opinion.

> what I wrote was not a typo.

I often write "Docstring typo fix" as a shorthand. Sometimes they are
typos, sometimes infelicities, sometimes just whitespace changes.
Please don't be offended by my word choice in ChangeLog entries.

> I found the old form with the hyperlink more useful.

Then, by all means, change it to your liking. Not worth discussing
about such a trivial matter, IMO.

Thanks,

    Juanma