Re: Trunk still not open

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Trunk still not open
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2014 00:16:32 +0900

Bastien writes:
 > "Stephen J. Turnbull" <address@hidden> writes:

 > > Of course there's no reason to require that *patch authors* write
 > > docs, 3rd parties can do that just as well.

 > Yes, but blocking code patches while waiting that someone else
 > write the related doc patches seems very impracticable.

Take a look around.  Lots of projects practice it with good results.

If you mean some patches will never get applied, sure.

YMMV, but I'll take the docs in the few cases where authors choose
departure.  (Actually I won't, since that would be infringement -- FDL
is incompatible with all licenses used for XEmacs content -- but
that's what I think Emacs should do.)