Re: Builtin packages not detected/listed in Emacs trunk

From: steckerhalter
Subject: Re: Builtin packages not detected/listed in Emacs trunk
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 21:45:13 +0100

> I guess we could try and check with `locate-library'.

that sounds reasonable.

going through package--builtins (Emacs trunk) I also noticed that some packages from Emacs are not in the list, while others are. for example window.el is missing, but winner.el is included. uniquify.el is missing too. I don't really understand this concept.

I think that the old behavior to have package-installed-p return t if the min-version specified was (0) and the package didn't specify a version was appropriate. is there any reason not to keep that behavior?

steckerhalter