SPC in completing minibuffers?

From: Mario Lang
Subject: SPC in completing minibuffers?
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 14:47:31 +0200

Hi.

I have hit two different instances where I needed to use C-q SPC
to insert a blank in the minibuffer recently.
One is with `insert-char', if you try to complete a unicode name
with spaces (almost all have one).  The other is with `ert'
when prompted for the selector.  When I try
to give a tag based selector like (tag :foo) I need to use
C-q SPC to insert the space.  If I type a normal space,
I get [No match].  As a long time Emacs user I know how to
work around these issues, but I was thinking: Aren't they really bugs?
Is it expected in some situations that the user needs to escape SPC in
the minibuffer, or do we consider these as bugs?

Or is there perhaps a setting that I am missing which would
make SPC self-inserting, and only TAB attempt completion?

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕