Re: Project systems (again)

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Project systems (again)
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 11:52:07 -0400

>> FWIW, I'd prefer that you work with EDE developers to improve and
>> extend what they have;

It's important to take EDE into account, indeed.  But I think what we
need at this point is a core feature that will probably be used all the
time (i.e. needs to be preloaded because it's called even when the user
doesn't request any specific action, kind of like vc-hooks.el).

So one way to look at it, is to try and extract some core part of EDE
that can be moved into the core.  But another is to design a new system,
making sure that EDE can be "retargetted" on top of that new system.

Either way is fine by me.

It's perfectly fine to autoload EIEIO when the user requests
a project-related command, but preloading it is not an option right now
(it may be an option in the future, but that would first mean using
cl-lib instead of cl, and obviously it would mean preloading cl-lib).

        Stefan