RE: Latest EMACS on BZR trunk does not compile with MinGW

From: Vincent Belaïche
Subject: RE: Latest EMACS on BZR trunk does not compile with MinGW
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2014 17:28:44 +0200

Hello,

In fact what I have is that /etc/profile is not sourced, but ~/.bash_profile is
sourced. Well, it is certainly a standard bash behaviour that when you have a
~/.bash_profile then /etc/profile is ignored, my mistake is that there should
have been a source /etc/profile at the beginning of my ~/.bash_profile.

FYI I invoke bash by the `M-x bash' command defined in the attached w32utils.el
package.

Variable w32utils-shell-file-name is set to

C:/msys/1.0/bin/bash

In a nutshell, I just use the standard `shell' function, but instead of calling
it interactively it is called by 'M-x bash' where the shell-file-name variable
is (let (...)) to be "C:/msys/1.0/bin/bash". That allows me to use bash with
'Mx bash' in a *bash* buffer under MSWindows just like people use bash with 'Mx
shell' in a *shell* buffer under *nix. So I can enjoy all the fine EMACS shell
buffer features for bash.

  Vincent.