Image rescaling

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Image rescaling
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 12:10:49 +0900

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen writes:

 > 1) ImageMagick is crashy.  Virtually all Emacs crashes I get happen deep
 > in the ImageMagic code.  I mean, I don't get a lot of crashes, but they
 > happen from time to time, and are pretty annoying.

That's a shame.  That's why we gave up on delegating image support to
ImageMagick in 1999 (or maybe a year or two later).

Has anybody tried GraphicsMagick for image support in Emacs (assuming
it's not somehow taboo for political reasons)?  Their original reason
for forking was to provide a more stable API and implementation.