Re: Overlay mechanic improvements

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Overlay mechanic improvements
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2014 10:26:49 +0900

Richard Stallman writes:

 >     That much is obvious.  But why do you care what the program is doing?
 >
 > You are awfully arrogant.

Even if accurate, that's an ad hominem, and doesn't help communicate.
Furthermore, I explained *why* I want to know your reason in some
detail -- is that arrogant?  I think that true arrogance involves
demanding to know your reason without giving a reason of my own.

All I want to do is get to the point.  If you just want to know what
it's doing, that's a perfectly good reason -- but then I don't see how
it helps Emacs development, and I excuse myself from the conversation,
which probably should move to an AUCTeX channel.

OTOH, if you have a reason that bears on Emacs development, it would
be useful in framing the conversation to know what that reason is.