Re: "Official" binary of Emacs-24.4 for MS-Windows

From: Dani Moncayo
Subject: Re: "Official" binary of Emacs-24.4 for MS-Windows
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 20:03:51 +0200

> Ouch, sorry, you are right.  I forgot: the correct commands to run
> are:
>
>   $ cd src
>   $ strip temacs.tmp
>   $ ../nt/addsection temacs.tmp temacs.exe EMHEAP 27
>   $ cd ..
>   $ make

Ok thank you.  I now have an stripped binary that seems to work fine.

A couple more questions:

To produce the binary distribution, should I do a plain "make
install"? Or perhaps:
  make install GZIP_INFO= GZIP_PROG=
?

Also, the README file in [1] was written for 24.3.  So I think it
should be renamed (README-24.3), and perhaps a new README-24.4 file
should be written (by someone knowledgeable enough, not me :-) ).

--
Dani Moncayo

[1] http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/