Re: Whitespace in `${srcdir}' during `configure'

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Whitespace in `${srcdir}' during `configure'
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2014 23:20:30 -0800

Glenn Morris wrote:
As you say, a srcdir with spaces is impossible, and given the way
Makefiles work, it seems to me like it always will be.

As I understand it the next version of GNU Make will address this issue, which means that once that we can assume that version everywhere (a few years from now), we might be able to pull it off. Admittedly this is not much comfort to a builder who wants spaces in directory names today....