Good book on Git

From: Perry E. Metzger
Subject: Good book on Git
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 12:56:40 -0500

I found the book "Pro Git" to be very useful when I was trying to
learn Git inside and out.

It is available for free here in a variety of formats:

http://git-scm.com/book/en/v2

and is creative commons licensed.

It has introductory information early on, and later delves into
Git's internals so you can understand exactly what is happening
behind the curtain. (I personally found that part to be helpful -- I
never really have a proper model of something in my head until I know
how it actually works.)

Perry
--
Perry E. Metzger                address@hidden