Re: Losing minibuffer input

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Losing minibuffer input
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 23:36:08 +0200

> I just checked Firefox's behavior, and when in the middle the first
> line, <up> first moves cursor to the beginning of the line (and
> similarly for the <down> key). Maybe that's worth borrowing, too?

I think it would be better in the minibuffer to reproduce
the default behavior of these keys in an ordinary Emacs buffer.
Typing <down> in the middle of the last line (that doesn't end
with a newline) moves point to the end of the line.  This is similar
to Firefox's behavior.

However, typing <up> in the middle of the first line in an ordinary
Emacs buffer doesn't move point to the beginning of the first line.
I don't know why do we have such inconsistency and whether we should
reproduce it in the minibuffer?