Re: Rant - Emacs mail is not user friendly

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Rant - Emacs mail is not user friendly
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2014 01:13:08 +0900

Stefan Monnier writes:

 > Depends on what you mean by "validate the code".  In my line of work,
 > a code is not validated if it can fail on some input.  I.e. validation
 > of the code includes checking that the code does the proper validation
 > of the data it receives.

I was assuming you were talking about the validating the JPEG library
code, because that is what you need to do to determine how much
validation Emacs needs to do of data it's about to hand to libjpeg.

The point of my X.org comment is that there is plenty of code out
there that doesn't validate input well (and some that prides itself on
not validating at all), so Emacs has to do some validation of data.