Re: Stop fiddling with my preferences

From: Sebastian Wiesner
Subject: Re: Stop fiddling with my preferences
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 18:12:59 +0100

> Am 25.11.2014 um 17:47 schrieb Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>:
>
>> From: Sebastian Wiesner <address@hidden>
>> Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 15:25:14 +0100
>> Cc: address@hidden

>>> Nice command, but fails for me right now with
>>>
>>> Wrong type argument: stringp, (flycheck . "0.16")
>>
>> This was an issue in Flycheck, caused by faulty keyword arguments to some
>> `defcustom' definitions.  I've fixed it in the latest master.  Please update
>> Flycheck.
>
> Thanks.
>
> However, if the problem exists in the emacs-24 branch, please backport
> the fix there.  (And in general such bugs should be fixed only on
> emacs-24; they will be later merged onto master.)

Er, I'm not sure I can follow you.  Did you confuse Flycheck with Flymake?

Flycheck is not part of GNU Emacs.  It's an independent 3rd party package, and
a flaw in this package was causing the issue.

I don't contribute to Emacs.  I have no commit rights, and I didn't even sign
the CA.

Sorry for the confusion