Re: merging emacs-24

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: merging emacs-24
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2014 14:55:22 +0200

> From: David Engster <address@hidden>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>,  Andreas Schwab <address@hidden>,
> address@hidden,  address@hidden
> Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 23:24:45 +0100
>
> Stefan Monnier writes:
> >> You'll have to checkout master if you want to merge into it, so I did
> >> not see the point putting it into emacs-24. If you feel strongly about
> >> it, I can backport it.
> >
> > No, it's fine on master, thanks.
>
> I've also added some documentation in admin/notes/git-workflow.

Thanks.  I've now added to the Wiki a section about working with the
master and the release branch, and that includes instructions on using
gitmerge.el.

I think we no longer need admin/notes/git-workflow.  It gives the same
instructions as the Wiki, but slightly differently, which might
confuse.  I think we should have a single place for these
instructions.  If someone thinks we need the instructions in the
repository, I suggest to make a text copy of the Wiki.  Otherwise, I
think we should remove admin/notes/git-workflow.

Any objections?