Re: [Emacs-diffs] master e820f16: Added file-tree-walk to files.el.

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master e820f16: Added file-tree-walk to files.el.
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2014 17:41:01 +0100

() Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
() Wed, 03 Dec 2014 10:34:14 -0500

   How many freaking times will i have to tell you include
   ChangeLog-formatted entries in the commit messages?

To reduce stress, you should draw a line in the sand:
- write it down;
- adopt a conformance-gate policy (and write THAT down);
- enforce it dispassionately.

By "write it down" i mean add it to HACKING or similar.
E.g., that's what i do for GNU Serveez:

 http://git.sv.gnu.org/cgit/serveez.git/tree/HACKING?h=p#n262

Alternatively, big projects (e.g., Linux) have a hierarchical
"pull priv" structures.  People push to public, but ephemeral,
branches and someone higher (in authority) only merges into
the "mainline" (via pulls) when satisfied that the candidate
branch has the right characteristics (form and content).

Otherwise, you will have to continue to play babysitter, and
(i think my fellow babysitters will concur) that's not so much
fun after the Nth "accident"...

In sum: Tough Love -- Just Do It -- Invest Wisely Soon.  :-D

--
Thien-Thi Nguyen
   GPG key: 4C807502