Re: Stuck with a strange emacs / openmcl problem

From: Fabrice Popineau
Subject: Re: Stuck with a strange emacs / openmcl problem
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2014 10:45:30 +0100

If "emacs -Q" shows the same problem, I'd suggest using SysInternals
tools to find what exactly happens and why.  ProcessExplorer and
ProcessMonitor come to mind.

Thanks.

Here is what process explorer shows about the process environment :

Images intégrées 1

It seems to confirm this diagnostic (found with Google, same symptoms, different context) about the 10106 error :
" On Windows, if the environment is not copied the SYSTEMROOT environment variable won't be available and PHP will have problems loading Winsock."

So it seems that OpenMCL is run without inheriting any environment, which is not good.
I don't see (yet) why the environment is not inherited.

Fabrice