Re: More metaproblem

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: More metaproblem
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2014 14:36:18 -0500

>> If you want to send me an update, I can install it.
> Thank you, Stefan.
> But having to send an update through one particular person is
> sub-optimal in a multi-contributor free software project.

We're only talking about the entry "project page" on Savannah (and it's
not even the whole page).  It's has to stay very short since the main
purpose of this page is to give you access to the other things on the page.
So there's not much room for lots of contributions and frequent
changes, really.  We can put a few well chosen links to web-pages which
can then change much more freely.

> Can we get a situation where committers can change that documentation
> just as they would edit any other documentation?

You'd have to take that up with the Savannah hackers, but it seems
highly unlikely.

        Stefan