Re: On being web-friendly and why info must die

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: On being web-friendly and why info must die
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2014 15:20:12 +0100

Hi,

Ivan Shmakov <address@hidden> writes:

>       Is it also possible to generate HTML from Org without Emacs?
>       If so, what are the respective tools?

Well, ox-html depends at the very least on ox.el, ox-html.el and
org-element.el which is some probably some 15.000 lines of code.  So
probably not.

But I don't understand why this would be an issue.  Emacs runs on every
platform and we can make an auxiliary command-line tool that uses
emacs --batch for making export convenient for make and people who do not
want to use Emacs.  An example of such tools already exists as third-party,
e.g. orgmk

     https://github.com/fniessen/orgmk

BTW: the Org-manual is a texi document, and I find the online
representation very pleasant and modern:

     http://orgmode.org/org.html

—Rasmus

--
Not everything that goes around comes back around, you know