Re: Requesting patch review

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Requesting patch review
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2015 19:55:15 +0200

On 03/08/2015 04:09 AM, Jackson Hamilton wrote:

New patch for js-mode. Adds a new indentation option. I would appreciate
review before merging.

Thanks for the patch.

I can see two directions for it to be improved:

- Port the tests. I suppose test/indent/*.js would be a good place for the examples. You can create js-???.js, set the new option's, value using file local variables (in a comment, at the top or the bottom of the file), and then the right indentation would be tested automatically. Run a single file with 'make js.js.test'.

- Add the option for the user to always have this indentation, no matter if there's a comma after the first item or not. js2-mode can do that (here's the original feature request: https://github.com/mooz/js2-mode/issues/3). I suppose it'd be best if the new variable had a different name and 3 possible values (nil - default, t - always, dynamic - check to see if there are several declarations).

By the way, in general it's better to send patches to the bug tracker. They can get lost in emacs-devel if nobody pays attention right away.