Re: Can we make set_point_both less expensive?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Can we make set_point_both less expensive?
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 13:42:54 -0400

>> > So you propose effectively making inhibit-point-motion-hooks default to
>> > t? Why not just do precisely that?
>> Because IIRC inhibit-point-motion-hooks also inhibits cursor-motion
>> hooks

Looks like I was mistaken: inhibit-point-motion-hooks only applies to
point-motion and not to cursor-motion (which has instead variables like
disable-point-adjustment and global-disable-point-adjustment).

So, yes, Daniel, I guess I'm just suggesting to make
inhibit-point-motion-hooks default to nil.

        Stefan