Re: VC mode and git

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: VC mode and git
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 10:41:24 +0100

Steinar Bang wrote:

>> Steinar Bang wrote:
>
>>> I've never used vc-dir, but magit has a push command.
>
>>> But it is an explicit command, run by the user.
>
>> That's what is missing currently from `vc-dir', IMHO.
>
> magit is available from marmalade and melpa:
>  https://marmalade-repo.org/packages/magit
>  http://melpa.org/#/magit

I'm aware of it, even aware of `egg' (which seemed better for
customization at some point).

Though, I'm dreaming of using one and only one interface for the common
backends I'm using (currently SVN and Git).

I'm sure that Magit may outrun `vc-dir' (even with the push command),
though I'm not that proficient yet with Git to use those advanced
functions.

Best regards,
  Seb

--