Re: VC mode and git

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: VC mode and git
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 09:28:37 -0400

> I used Bzr a few months ago, and my commits were pushed automatically.
> I never did an explicit push.

That's because you used a "bound branch", which is a Bazaar feature that
lets you say that in this branch "bzr commit" should do both a commit
and a push.

For some reason, Git hasn't acquired such a feature yet.
[ I'd love such a feature, especially if the destination of this
  auto-push can be different from the destination of a plain "git push",
  since that then allows to keep a remote copy of your local repository
  in sync.  ]

        Stefan