Re: VC mode and git

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: VC mode and git
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2015 05:43:46 +0900

Richard Stallman writes:

 >   > You protest too much.  Nobody said that there was anything
 >   > wrong with your timing of pulls.
 >
 > Someone did, but it isn't quoted above.  It was in a previous
 > message.

Then quote them, please.  Not me.

 > So are you saying that, if I criticize the demand that I change my
 > way of working, that is proof that I should change it?

No.  There are good reasons why you would be better off changing
it.[1]  Characterizing arguments that you should as "demands" is
inaccurate.  What people are *demanding* is that you not make or
instigate changes to Emacs for your convenience that would force
*them* to change their ways of working.

Footnotes:
[1]  I concede that you have not accepted them.  "Good" is only my
partially informed opinion.