Re: A protest against pcase, pcase-let, pcase-let*

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: A protest against pcase, pcase-let, pcase-let*
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 21:47:53 -0400

On Tue, 31 Mar 2015 13:29:20 -0500 "John Wiegley" <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Can we please have a moratorium on the use of pcase, etc.?  Their use is
>> gradually proliferating through Emacs, yet they are not documented.

JW> -1 from me.  It may not be well documented, but it's certainly useful for
JW> package authors.  Should we be restricted because others are having
difficulty
JW> figuring out how to use them?

Like John, I would prefer to keep using pcase.  I'm a fan of the tool.

I would love the manual to dedicate more space to it, and feel that I've
only grazed the surface. Perhaps a whole chapter, since pcase
(understandably) departs from so many of the typical Emacs programming
patterns. And that chapter can mention Shadchen and whatever else is
pertinent.

Ted