Re: Volunteering for Emacs documentation

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Volunteering for Emacs documentation
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2015 10:36:46 +0200

() Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>
() Fri, 17 Apr 2015 10:30:23 +0300

   Yet another way is to read the discussions which indicate
   that some piece of documentation needs to be improved, and do
   that.

Very true!  Don't forget that for many people, an important
piece of the document is its index.  IMHO improving a document's
index is qualitatively different enough to warrant mentioning as
a task on its own.  Bonus: it's easy to do and often does not
trigger copyright assignment hair at the onset...

(I have recently begun reading a lot of non-GNU documentation
and appreciate all the more Emacs' well-indexed manuals -- some
of the stuff i'm reading has no index at all!  [Insert grumbling
about blithe abdication of control to the panopticon here.])

--
  (if you're human and you know it) read my lisp: