Re: [Emacs-diffs] cairo 6445ee0: Merge branch 'master' into cairo

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] cairo 6445ee0: Merge branch 'master' into cairo
Date: Sat, 23 May 2015 12:49:05 +0200

Den 2015-05-19 20:40, Stefan Monnier skrev:
I can merge anytime.  The only things I know about is lacking XBM support
(not sure it is worth the effort), and the scrolling performance is not
great.  Possible there are some type of images that don't display right.
But nothing major that prevents a merge.

Then, if you think it's helpful to merge it, feel free to do so,

Merge done.

You must explicitly request cairo with --with-cairo to configure.
I think the value of cairo right now is an example for those trying to do something on Wayland or other systems outside of X.

The only advantage of using cairo is printing, see x-export-frames
and the three Gtk+ only functions x-page-setup-dialog, x-get-page-setup and
x-print-frames-dialog

Yasushi SHOJI said:

 - the current tip of the branch doesn't compile w/ --with-cairo.  it
   seems like git merge machinery messed some lines up.  this should
   be easy to fix.

 - x_cr_destroy_surface() is not defined but used outside of USE_CAIRO
   ifdef in src/xterm.c::handle_one_xevent().  this is also caused by
   a merge commit fb77948660d9, which makes the tree unbuildable w/
   --without-cairo.

I fixed these.

        Jan D.