Re: After a git merge and manual correction of a conflict, how do I tell

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: After a git merge and manual correction of a conflict, how do I tell git the conflict is fixed?
Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 22:56:41 +0000

Hello, Kelvin.

On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 10:48:43PM +0000, Kelvin White wrote:
> Alan,

> I missed part of your message, if you've already fixed it in the file, just
> git add $FILE && git commit to resolve.

No.  The file is not to be committed.  It is my own personal copy of
.gitignore with my idiosyncratic filenames in it, something I will not
impose upon fellow Emacs hackers.

How do I tell git the conflict has been fixed - not as a part of doing
something else (which must not be done), but as a primitive operation?
This surely must be possible in such a sophisticated SCM tool.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).