Re: Wrong PATH in MSYS2/MINGW64 builds?

From: Yuri Khan
Subject: Re: Wrong PATH in MSYS2/MINGW64 builds?
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 22:52:16 +0600

On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 10:37 PM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
>> From: Óscar Fuentes <address@hidden>
>>
>> I would expect from Emacs to be able to execute the applications that
>> reside on the same directory as emacs.exe.
>
> Why would you expect that?

Because it's the default native behavior on Windows?

===
$ msdn CreateProcess
[...]
If the file name does not contain a directory path, the system
searches for the executable file in the following sequence:

1. The directory from which the application loaded.
2. The current directory for the parent process.
3. The 32-bit Windows system directory. Use the GetSystemDirectory(2)
function to get the path of this directory.
4. The 16-bit Windows system directory. There is no function that
obtains the path of this directory, but it is searched. The name of
this directory is System.
5. The Windows directory. Use the GetWindowsDirectory(2) function to
get the path of this directory.
6. The directories that are listed in the PATH environment variable.
===

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms682425%28v=vs.85%29.aspx