Re: Unified project interface

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Unified project interface
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2015 01:29:55 +0300

On 06/06/2015 10:28 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

If we want the IDE capabilities of Emacs become better, this should
never happen.

IME, CEDET is fairly interdependent, and Semantic's approach doesn't seem to be useful enough for, say, code completion in dynamic languages.

I see the path forward as different CEDET features growing into more flexible APIs that different packages can implement.

Like semantic-symref now has a generic counterpart of xref-find-references, and while the latter has a simplistic grep-based implementation, CEDET can define its own xref backend, to implement the latter through the former.