Re: Upcoming loss of usability of Emacs source files and Emacs.

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Upcoming loss of usability of Emacs source files and Emacs.
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2015 10:15:48 +0200

Daniel Colascione <address@hidden> writes:

>> And there are ways of adapting: convenient input methods for typing
>> the characters, replacements for displaying them on terminals that
>> cannot show the originals
>
> Can we make " match fancy quotes in isearch?

And ditto for ` and ' which I guess should also match ‘ and ’,
respectively.  That's the downside of having two alternatives for
marking symbols in comments and docstrings.

And of course one wants that convenience also with search-forward,
query-replace, grep, rgrep, occur, swiper, ag (3rd party), swiper (3rd
party), ...

Bye,
Tassilo