Re: Emacs release and bundling GNU Elpa

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: Emacs release and bundling GNU Elpa
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 16:22:37 +0100

Artur Malabarba <address@hidden> writes:

>>> I thinThe elpa.git would not be built. I
>>
>> Stupid trackpad... Sent by accident.
>>
>> I think the elpa.git would be built.
>
> Gaah!! Sorry again. I meant: Would NOT be build.

You are having a rough time of it!

So, I think either way could work. Or setting up paths so that only the
desired packages are there, and byte-compiling the relevant bits).

One problem that leaps to mind, BTW, with the current ELPA set up is
that you don't actually get all of ELPA packages at once with a single
clone, since many packages are on branches. So, you'd need to do
multiple clones (depending on how many externals you want). Or something
clever with git-new-workdir. I have little experience with either of
these, I am afraid.

Phil