RE: ASCII-folded search [was: Re: Upcoming loss of usability ...]

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: ASCII-folded search [was: Re: Upcoming loss of usability ...]
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2015 11:02:03 -0700 (PDT)

My bad. Apologies to Kaushal.

I must say that the use of HTML mail in a mailing list of mostly plain-text messages is (IMHO) a pity and a pain.

In my mail client, at least, Kaushal's reply to your message shows that quoted bit from your message at the top level, which makes it indistinguishable from the text Kaushal wrote as a reply.

But I now see the message displayed correctly at lists.gnu.org:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2015-06/msg00593.html

Is there a special reason why you use HTML mail on this mailing list?

[FWIW, I use HTML mail in my work and leisure, along with everyone else I communicate with, but I don't use it on these mailing lists. I thought that doing so was discouraged. In any case, I, for one find it a PITA to reply to a mix and to try to reply to an HTML msg coherently using plain text.]