Re: Package initialization

From: Helmut Eller
Subject: Re: Package initialization
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2015 00:56:21 +0200

On Sat, Jul 18 2015, Artur Malabarba wrote:

>> Frankly, I think this is very ugly because I can no longer
>> load the foo-auotload.el file
>
> Why would you load the file manually? It gets loaded for you.
>
> Or are you complaining about the fact that it gets loaded
> automatically? (you can disable that)

I'm happy to set things up manually in my .emacs; but other users prefer
that the package stuff does everything automatically.  But if everything
is in the autoload file there's no way to get the autoload definitions
without changing global variables.  Anyway, it looks like the package
stuff has no mechanism to separate the issues.

Helmut