Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 9ce1d38: Use curved quotes in core elisp diagno

From: Bastien Guerry
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 9ce1d38: Use curved quotes in core elisp diagnostics
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2015 13:09:33 +0200

Hi Paul,

Paul Eggert <address@hidden> writes:

> By the way, it's easy to search for quote marks in either style: just
> type C-s ` or C-s '.  And it's easy to type curved quote marks by
> using Electric Quote mode.  These are both new features.  If you don't
> want to use these new features, that's fine too.

I frequently use find-grep to find bits of code I'm interesting in.

I sometimes use something like

  find . -type f -exec grep --color -nH -e "\`.\+'" {} +

from M-x fing-grep to match variables in docstrings among various
files.

If the code is using ‘...’ quotes, how can I grep to match quoted
strings?  Also, electric-quote-mode does not work in the minibuffer,
and I just don't know how to type ‘ ... any hint here?

Thanks,

--
 Bastien