Re: Debugging emacs memory management

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Debugging emacs memory management
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2015 11:33:12 +0300

> From: Dima Kogan <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
> Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2015 01:24:08 -0700
>
> > Finally, please give the exact sequence of commands you invoke to
> > create a new frame, and what file/buffer is initially displayed in the
> > new frame.  (I used src/xdisp.c via "C-x 5 f".)  I'd like to make sure
> > we ask Emacs to do exactly the same job.
>
> I initially make a daemon with "emacs -Q --daemon". Then I open a client
> frame with "emacsclient -a '' -c". I open/close clients this way several
> times to get the initialization out of the way. I don't touch the emacs
> at all, so the initial *scratch* buffer is what's open.

If investigating the value of auto_fontset_alist doesn't provide the
solution, I'd prefer if we kept the daemon out of this, and instead
used a "normal" Emacs session, assuming the problem happens there as
well.  At least for me, it's easier to deal with normal sessions than
with those which need a daemon.