Re: IDE

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: IDE
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2015 13:38:35 +0200

> That doesn't fix the problem. Even with your package, it looked fine
> with greenish background for a while, then I switched away from Emacs,
> did some reading in the web browser. Then switched back to Emacs, and
> the background is black now.

Are you by any chance using GTK tooltips?  They are a pain.

>>  > - Is there a way to show several tooltips at once? To display
>> different elements of the completion UI side by side.
>>
>> AFAICT no.  You'd have to put them into the same tooltip.
>
> I think I'll hold off on trying on integrate it in Company until this
> feature is implemented.

Maybe we should just use simple frames with all decorations removed.
The timeout to unshow the frame is not useful anyway and to remove the
overhead for frame creation it would suffice to make the frame invisible
as long as it's not needed.

martin