Re: use-package.el -> Emacs core

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: use-package.el -> Emacs core
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 15:09:29 -0500

> Packages can also include manuals (I don't know the details, but e.g.
> Flycheck does). Of course, you can't declare use-package to be "blessed" that
> way.

Also non-Elpa packages come with detailed manuals: magit

> Do you expect use-package to depend on new features in every Emacs version?
> Otherwise, you can have pretty much the same by only releasing a new version
> of use-package once a year. :)

+1

The development for use-package can continue as it is happening now
and versions can be git-tagged as something like "stable". When the
time for next emacs release comes, the GNU Elpa version can be synced
with the latest "stable" tagged version from the development git.