Re: use-package.el -> Emacs core

From: joakim
Subject: Re: use-package.el -> Emacs core
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 09:24:22 +0100

John Wiegley <address@hidden> writes:

> I'd like to integrate use-package.el into Emacs core, as an alternative for
> package management to those who do not rely on package.el. I know Stefan had
> some reservation, but I think enough people have enjoyed its utility to be
> worth including.
>
> Are there any objections to moving this into core before the 25.1 freeze?
>
> John

I use req-package, https://github.com/edvorg/req-package, which is
use-package with some additional features, like logging and load order
reordering. I think use-package would be a great addition to emacs core,
for people like me that like a clear and readable emacs
configuration. (I alse use the org-babel litterate mode for the emacs
init file for the same reasons.)
--
Joakim Verona