Re: Git and submitting patches to fix bugs

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Git and submitting patches to fix bugs
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 17:03:58 -0500

  > > In general, it might be a good idea for us to have an Emacs module written
  > > just for Emacs development contributors, with commands to streamline our
  > > process.

  > This is a very good idea, though I'd prefer a Magit plugin/extension.

We would like to have the features of Magit in Emacs,
but we can't use Magit since the developers of Magit
did not arrange the legal papers.

Thus we seek people to implement those features afresh
with code that we can include in Emacs.

Rather than basing any further work on Magit, we should
do further work so that it will function in the Emacs
that we distribute.

--
Dr Richard Stallman