Re: Rename refactoring, or something like that

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Rename refactoring, or something like that
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 15:14:11 +0200

On 11/17/2015 01:10 PM, John Yates wrote:

If the rename is not based on a strong semantic framework (e.g. in the
C++ world something that can truly grok all of the name resolution
rules) then there will need to be some means of incorporating human
input (a la query-and-replace).  If such querying occurs on a site by
site basis then there could be a query respone that says "yes, do the
rename but then pause and let me do some editing".

That an interesting suggestion. Not the highest priority, IMHO, but it should be possible to add such a feature to any renames interface we settle on, later.