Re: project.el semantics

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: project.el semantics
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2015 07:36:03 +0200

On 11/22/2015 07:18 AM, John Wiegley wrote:

I think Dmitry and I talked about a more general way of yielding metadata
associated with project-related "entities" (mainly directories and files in
this version), and that this metadata could indicate recursion, or even how to
perform the recursion. For example, it could be recursion with a file name, or
i-node testing, predicate.

Indeed, if we have the metadata for directories, we can have a key indicating the recursive-ness of traversal.

I don't particularly like that option, because it allows the consumers to target only specific kinds of project, and only handle one case (the recursive, or the non-recursive one).