Re: setq's with missing final arguments.

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: setq's with missing final arguments.
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2015 15:20:17 -0800

> I now think we should make any setq with a missing value throw an error,
> whether in interpreted code or in the byte compiler. And I think we should
> do it for Emacs 25.1.

> John?

I agree it should cause an error, and every usage in core should be fixed.

Also please fix `setf', which has the same problem.

`set', on the other hand, gives this error:

    Error: wrong-number-of-arguments; Data: (set 1)

We should yield the same in the other two cases. And think about what other
functions should receive this same treatment.

John