bug #18283 / change "Enable applescript in NextStep"

From: David Reitter
Subject: bug #18283 / change "Enable applescript in NextStep"
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2015 21:50:35 -0500

Question - what’s up with this change?

Author: Anders Lindgren <address@hidden>
Date:   Tue Nov 24 22:05:05 2015 +0100

    Fixed bug#18283: Enable applescript in NextStep.

    * nextstep/templates/Info.plist.in: Set NSAppleScriptEnabled to YES.

So, this does not enable AppleScript handling.  All it does is it declares that
we  can handle AppleScript.  But can we?  It would be news to me.  The URL
below details all the things that have to be done to handle AppleScripts.  For
example, we have to have a scripting definition file (sdef) and actually handle
incoming events.

So,  the reporter of bug #18283 literally requested this change, but I think
that may have just been a somewhat silly way to say:  “Can you please support
AppleScript?”

But perhaps I’m misunderstanding all of this and there’s a grand master plan.
Anders?

[1]
https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/ScriptableCocoaApplications/SApps_implement/SAppsImplement.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/20000037-BBCJEEEC