Re: Questions about isearch

From: Per Starbäck
Subject: Re: Questions about isearch
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2015 19:42:56 +0100

>> As I wrote before, ÅÄÖ are really separate letters in Swedish,
>
> Do they have their own keys on the keyboard?
> In Portuguese, aãá are never interchangeable. Still, I find char folding
> very convenient because it saves me keystrokes (ã and á don't get their own
> keys so they require two keystrokes to type).

Yes, of course they have, as they are just as much different letters as I and J.

Being interchangeable is not the same thing. For example "e" and "é"
are not interchangeable in Swedish either, and "ide" and "idé" are
different words, but having "C-s i d e" find "idé" would be good
character folding as "é" is "e" with an accent.